Parking fees in the unguarded paid parking zone (SPPN) in the capital of Poland were checked daily by 50 pedestrian controllers. 130,000 vehicles circulate around the center of the capital every day in search of a parking space. Once they find a place, they stay longer. For an hour and 43 minutes on average, more than 9,000 of them did not pay the parking fee.
- High percentage of people who do not pay for parking
- Low efficiency of pedestrian patrols (inspectors need about an hour to check 260 cars)
- Lower than expected revenues from parking fees (in 2018 revenues from parking fees amounted to only 100 million PLN)
- System encouraged avoiding parking fees (in 2019, the penalty for not paying for parking was only 50 PLN/ 12 EUR)
- Incorrectly issued tickets, resulting from a one-time inspection of the parking space (the patrol issues a ticket, while the driver went to the parking meter to pay the fee)
- The need to put a ticket under the car wiper
CITYSCANNER® scans the license plates of parked cars. It indicates not only the registration number, but also the parking space with an accuracy of centimeters, as well as the distance from the inspecting vehicle, while preparing the documentation necessary to issue the ticket.
The check consists of a double scan – in a few minutes – checking the car parked in the same place.
The check is carried out twice at short intervals to eliminate mistakes or vehicles whose drivers are paying the parking fee.
CITYSCANNER® automatically blurs all photos and images of people that might end up in the frame when registering the view.
There are no images with recognizable faces in the system, or license plates of cars with properly paid parking fees. The system is fully secure and GDPR compliant.
- Reduction of the administration burden
- High performance solution (260 vehicles can be checked in 10 minutes)
- More effective use of pedestrian patrols (they can select specific areas indicated by the CITYSCANNER® e-control system, e.g. where the availability of scanned registrations is limited using a fully compatible e-control application)
- Increase in payment of fees by approximately 10%
- Fewer errors and penalty appeals thanks to double checking of the same place in a short time
- Control of every place in the Unguarded Paid Parking (SPPN) zones at least once a day
- Flexibility of the new solution – in case of failure of one of the vehicles, the system can be installed on the next one
- Compared to January 2019, the number of parking fees increased by 25% in 2020. The system verified and imposed over 12,196 additional charges for free parking.
- Thanks to the increase in the fleet to 9 cars, in 2021 e-control cars passed over 105 thousand km and inspected over 5.6 million parked vehicles.
- In 2021, 189,124 additional payment documents were issued after the vehicles were inspected by CITYSCANNER®.
Exactly a year ago, cars for e-control of the paid parking zone appeared on the streets of the Capital City of Warsaw for the first time. In this way, we have significantly sealed the system, and the percentage of stowaways is falling. We estimate that e-control is up to 10 times more effective than foot patrols!